Friday, July 1, 2011

Busy Days

It's been an interesting couple of days since we held meeting number 2. At the meeting one of the things we decided on was to try to get some presence at Tentertainment, a 3-day music festival held in the town annually. It happens to be this weekend and I had kind of dismissed it as a possibility because of how soon it was, but it was suggested and so, emboldened, I called the organisers on Thursday morning and left them a voicemail. I also left them an email and a private message on the Tenterden town forum. In for a penny, in for a pound.

Later I sent some poster artwork over to the Media Centre at Homewood School and had them print some off for me. There being a strike on of course, there were no students, and so they were able to bang those out for me in record time (Thanks Charlotte!). I then went over to Tesco to grab a couple items and so, posters in hand, gave a couple to the lady behind the customer service counter.

This morning, after receiving an email from Tentertainment saying that we could be there and hand out flyers (yay!) I went to town and left posters at the Tenterden Gateway (they said they will scan them in and have them up on the scrolling ad screen above the Post Office counter), Caffe Nero, Costa Coffee, Savannah, Wilson Wilson & Hancock the opticians, Oxfam, the Leisure Centre, the Town Hall, Liquid Pleasure, Rising Star, Cafe Rouge, The Nutmeg Deli, St Michaels' Chip Shop and Waitrose. All that before 11 am.

This evening I went up to Tentertainment and met Andrew. We mingled with our T3 shirts on and informational postcards in hand, engaged a few folks in conversation, talking about T3, Bike To Work and CleanUp Day and handed out some flyers. Mike Carter, one of the organisers, told me that if I could bring a banner tomorrow he would attach it to the perimeter fence near the gate. As I went to the ATM I noticed some of our posters up in the windows of some of the aforementioned shops. I was told by Laura Rylands, with whom I worked at COOK, that she'd seen the posters up in Tesco. Hurrah!

Tomorrow I and Emma Isworth will be there. Come and see us, if you can.

2 comments: