Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pretty Good Day

Busy, busy, busy!

Today started like any normal Tuesday - not that there's any such thing as 'normal', but let's not go off on that tangent! The only thing I was planning to do that was T3-related was to print some stuff for our display boards for the upcoming St. Michaels Fun Day and to go talk to Marie at Highbury Hall Preschool about the Community Garden. We're trying to get the kids involved, naturally, and I wanted to tell her where we are in terms of getting the garden ready for planting and to see what our next steps would be, what projects we can do with the kids etc. I also wanted to see how many trestle tables there are at the hall because with T3Tea happening on October 1st, we have to have tables for the vendors as well as ourselves. But I am getting ahead of myself.

I printed off a bunch of stuff and went back upstairs to find my phone in a state of distress. I'd had several voice mails and texts and missed calls, and after returning the calls, discovered they were from two people I'd been trying to get as vendors for T3Tea. Wow. Two in one morning. I was doing pretty well. Then I checked my email and found that wow, another potential vendor had confirmed. I was on a roll. While online I checked Facebook and found I had a message from a person who wanted to help with the garden! Yay!

While talking to Marie she gave me the number of someone else who wanted to help with the garden. Yay again!

This evening I was at a meeting at the Town Hall discussing possible events for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. This is my Mum's brainchild, she's the Deputy Mayor and has taken on the role of organiser for the Jubilee celebrations. We shall be doing something at the Jubilee, more details as the event plan takes shape, but I was aware of my phone (which I'd put on silent mode) vibrating in my pocket and so I checked the number. It was not one I recognised so I resolved to call it back later. The meeting was good because I was able to schmooze with a few folks, as did my sister, and we got some good results from that too.

I got home and my phone rang again. It was that same number from before. I answered but as usually happens when inside the house, I lost the signal right as I answered. Bah. Grabbed the land line phone and dialled it, and had a chat with another potential vendor who makes unique funky knitted hats. Four vendors added in one day. This puts our total of vendors up to nine, and I don't think we have room for any more, and parking that weekend is gonna be a bitch. But 4 vendors and 2 volunteer gardeners in one day - I'd say that's pretty good, wouldn't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment