Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 16

First, a little shameless self-promotion (well, Transition Tenterden promotion really, but...). I spoke with Dan Bloom at the KE a couple days ago. He has sadly moved on to pastures new (the Medway towns) but he called to let me know that a piece he wrote based on our interview will (should?) be appearing in this coming Thursday's KE. I am not sure if he managed to get hold of Justin Nelson for a quote or two, as of Friday he was still trying. But anyway folks, keep your eyes peeled on Thursday and hopefully the article will be there and that might get us a few more members.

Secondly, the ball keeps rolling on Tenterden Clean-up Day, several people are interested and I just need to have a meeting with everyone soon so we can get this thing (and the Transition group) started for sure. At the moment I feel a bit like a one-man army, having done most of the talking and other stuff myself and most of that online. But no matter. I am lucky in that I am a born optimist and I'm getting tenacious in my old(er) age, all the while maintaining that slightly rebellious activist streak I've had since the 80s when I read the New Internationalist and ordered Christmas presents from the Oxfam and CND gift catalogues and dyed my hair funny colours.

Night all. See you on the flipside.

No comments:

Post a Comment