Monday, October 14, 2013

Rain Stopped Cleanup

When I saw the weather yesterday morning I wasn't really very hopeful about the cleanup. It was bucketing down.

We loaded up the car with all the kit kindly loaned to us by ABC's Street Scene dept. and headed to the Rec.... on the way it became apparent that the weather was extremely foul and we wondered whether we oughtn't just sit in the car and wait to see if anyone showed up. We'd already had emails from several people saying that they couldn't make it for one reason or another, so we weren't expecting a huge turnout, but after half an hour it was just us and Jo Vos the Community Warden, so we sent out a series of tweets to the effect that we were going to just give it up as a bad job. It was piddling down, to put it bluntly, and I can't say as I blame anyone for not showing up - if I hadn't had to have been there, I would have been tucked up in bed!

Next time (Springtime) we are going to use the Highbury Hall as our base location, so at least we'll be under cover.

Ah well. You can't always have it the way you want it. I think at previous cleanups we've been extremely lucky with the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment